Invitation design process
Please contact me to determine my availability, as the whole process can take can take 4-8 weeks.
1. I will send you a Google document so you can add in details of names, location, wording and what you need (ie. Wedding invite, save the date, map, envelope calligraphy etc).
2. We will discuss the wedding theme and colors so I can start a preliminary sketch. I will sketch 3 concepts for the wedding invite and you pick your favorite one.
3. The other two pieces (such as RSVP, save the date) are sketched to coordinate with the wedding invite.
4. Once the sketches have been approved, I will create the final layout and paint it. Wording will also be incorporated, whether by hand or digitally or both.
5. Proofs are uploaded online and we go through two digital draft revisions. Once approved, it gets sent off to the lab. Please allow 1-2 weeks for the lab to print and ship.
6. If envelope calligraphy is part of the service, I recommend a timeframe of 10 days for 100 envelopes. If not, the products are shipped to you or picked up locally.
Other items that can be made one to two months before the wedding include menu card, table numbers and escort place cards. These can’t be done until you get your RSVP feedback. I’ll check back with you two months before the wedding to see how your progress is and if we could get started.
What is your deposit requirement?
I require a 50% deposit before starting the sketches.
Where do you get the cards printed?
Besides painting, I am also a wedding photographer so I have access to professional photographers-only lab that offers a range of paper material. I have used this lab for over three years and their quality is outstanding. Invitation suites can also be printed on handmade paper with deckled edges to get that extra organic and romantic feel!
Can I get the digitals of the wedding suite so I can print it myself?
Unfortunately no, I don’t offer this service. Every lab prints colors differently and I can’t guarantee what the final outcome will looks like. My computer is calibrated and set to my professional lab standards. If there is an issue, I can talk to customer service directly.
Can I provide you the envelopes and material for the place cards?
Yes you can! Please send an extra 10-15% envelopes and material to account for spelling mistakes and ink splatter. Any unused material will be sent back to you.
What kind of paper can I choose for the invites, program card etc?
I’ve carefully curated the available papers for texture and thickness. My lab offers smooth, watercolor, linen, and bamboo paper. I also offer hand deckled cotton rag paper.
What scripts and pens do you use?
I normally work with a traditional pointed calligraphy nib. Some of my favorite scripts are Copperplate and the modern calligraphy. Here are the five styles I currently offer.
1. Copperplate - traditional and elegant
2. Flourishing - takes the original Copperplate but with flourishes
3. Modern - free and more bouncy
4. Spencerian - backbone of today's handwriting and was popular in the Roaring 20's. More monoline and angular compared to #1 and #2.
5. Italian Hand - delicate and whimsical script