Design Process for Bespoke Invitations
Please contact me to determine my availability as the whole process can take can take 4-12 weeks.
1. After you fill out the form in the "Shop Bespoke Invitation" section, we will start discussing more in detail about your wedding and all the information that is needed.
2. Wedding theme and colors will also be discussed to help gather ideas for the preliminary sketches. Three concept sketches are created and you can pick the one that suits your wedding best and we will tweak it further.
3. If there are other pieces needed, such as the RSVP or a map, they will also be sketched to coordinate with the wedding invitation.
4. Once the sketches have been approved, I will create the final layout with ink and painting. Wording will also be incorporated, whether by hand or digitally or both.
5. Proofs are uploaded online and two digital revisions for wording changes are included. Once approved, the files get sent to the printers for printing. Please allow 2 weeks for printing and shipping before I can assemble your products.
6. If envelope calligraphy is part of the service, I recommend a time frame of 10 days for 100 envelopes. If not, the products are shipped to you or picked up locally.
Other items that can be made one to two months before the wedding can be menus, table numbers, seating chart and escort place cards.
What is your deposit requirement?
I require at least a 50% deposit before starting the sketches, pending on the billable stage of the scope.
What kind of paper can I choose for the invitation, RSVP card etc?
I've carefully curated and chose paper to reflect my brand and aesthetics. I offer both crisp, bamboo card stock paper, handmade paper with deckle edges and Italian Euro-size papers with soft torn edges.
For lots of watercolor artwork on your stationery, I highly recommend using the bamboo card stock for printing.
Can I get the digital files of the wedding suite so I can print it myself?
Unfortunately no, I don’t offer this service. Every lab prints colors differently and I can’t guarantee what the final outcome will looks like. My computer is calibrated and set to my professional lab standards. If there is an issue, I can talk to customer service directly.
Can I provide you the envelopes and material for the place cards?
Yes you can! Please send an extra 10-15% envelopes and material to account for spelling mistakes and ink splatter. Any unused material will be sent back to you.
What scripts and pens do you use?
I normally work with a traditional pointed calligraphy nib. Some of my favorite scripts are Copperplate and the modern calligraphy. Here are the five styles I currently offer.
1. Copperplate - traditional and elegant
2. Flourishing - takes the original Copperplate but with flourishes
3. Modern - free and more bouncy
4. Spencerian - backbone of today's handwriting and was popular in the Roaring 20's. More monoline and angular compared to #1 and #2.
5. Italian Hand - delicate and whimsical script